Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Eigth Diary Entry April 25, 1942

April 25, 1942
Dear Diary,
Today the Nazis told me, my family, and a few other families that we were going to be sent to a labor camp. We have been allowed to pack up only a few of our belongings. The train leaves within two hours. I’m terrified of what I’m about to encounter. Hopefully the myths about these labor camps are not true. I have been told that Jews have been beaten, starved, overworked, and murdered at these camps. Right now I’m trying to find Raphael to say goodbye to him. I probably will never be able to see him again. My mind is racing; I cannot find words to describe how anxious and panic-stricken I feel. Will I die? Or will God spare me? Will I want to die after a few weeks? Or will I be strong and stay alive? Hopefully God will help me through this terrible journey and I will come out of it stronger than before.
With Love,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment