Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fifth Diary Entry November 2, 1939

November 2, 1939

Dear Diary,
Today was the last day of school for me. I am being homeschooled from now on. I’m very worried that I will never able to see my friends again, especially Raphael. We went on our date last week and it was so nice, he was such a gentleman. I’m scared I won’t ever be able to see him again. Mother tells me I should worry about more important things like being sent away. I am not worried about being sent away because I am a good girl and I follow directions. Only criminals are sent away. One of my brother’s friends, George, was sent away because he threw his shoe at a Nazi. I heard that the Nazi guard threatened to kill him. This was very stupid on George’s part. I wonder where they take these criminals. No one actually knows, it’s very frightening. I can see now why my mother would be worries.
With Love,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment