Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fourth Diary Entry September 12, 1939

September 12, 1939

Dear Diary,
The Nazis have taken over. All Jewish businesses have been closed. Luckily, my father works for a kind Protestant man and is able to keep his job. The Nazis are also closing my school in a few weeks and I will either attend a public school or be homeschooled with my brother. We received our last report card today and I had all As! My mother and father were so proud of me. My brother was upset because he had only one A and a D in math. My father will be helping him and hopefully his grade will improve. I talked to Raphael again today. He asked me out on a date. I’m going to ask my mother for permission to go. I’m so excited! I think we will go for a walk after dinner.
With Love,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment