Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First Diary Entry December 15, 1932

December 15, 1932
Dear Diary,
My name is Lydia. I live with my parents and brother in a comfortable house in a small village called Tauber in southern Germany. Every week day we attend our Jewish day school. I am in seventh grade and my brother is in eighth grade. I hope that someday I will be able to leave this town to study writing at a University. I am thinking about attending Oxford, Cambridge, or a University in America like Harvard. I have always longed to visit America. After I finish school, I plan to write romantic novels. My mother and brother say I dream too much. My father says that if I try my hardest there is a good chance I will become a world famous author. My father’s name is Alexander; he always has faith in me. I do not know where I would be right now if it weren’t for my father. He guides me like a shepherd guides his sheep and I am so thankful that he is my father. My mother’s name is Maria. She is not always so confident. Maria knows that I am talented and that I work hard, but my dreams are very big and nearly impossible to achieve. She just doesn’t want me to get my hopes up on something she knows I cannot do. My brother’s name is Phillip and he is almost exactly the same as my mother, a realist. I also have one cat named Gigi. Gigi sleeps, eats, and listens to my stories. I am very grateful for my family, house, school, and friends.
With Love,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment