Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sixth Diary Entry October 30, 1940

October 30, 1940
Dear Diary,
Life is very dull these days. We rarely leave the house because there is nothing to do. Many of the movie theaters, restaurants, parks, libraries, shops, pools, and cafes have been banned from Jews. I feel so isolated right now, my world is so lonely. I rarely see my friends and I spend my days with my family. Raphael has tried to visit me a few times but it’s very hard because he has to avoid the Nazis. We have been writing letters to each other. My father is still working, but we fear that the Nazis might find him and take him away. Jews are being persecuted constantly. They are paraded down the streets wearing signs that say “I am a filthy Jew”. My own aunt was beaten in public for accidently running into an officer. I’m hoping and praying that things will become better. My father said there was a good chance our life would become worse and eventually we all would be sent away. I do not believe that. I still believe that I will achieve my lifelong dream of becoming a famous writer no matter what happens.
With Love,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment